• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, crushed
• 1/2 cup dry red wine
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 2 x 400g cans diced tomatoes
• 650g marinara mix (see note)
• 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
• cooked Spaghetti, lo serve
• Step 1
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, (or 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add wine. Simmer for 1 to 2 minutes or until liquid has reduced by half.
• Step 2
Add tomato paste. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add tomato. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer (or 10 minutes, then add marinara mixture for 5 more minutes or until sauce has thickened slightly.
• Step 3
Add chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves. Stir to combine. Serve with spaghetti. Top with parsley.