WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
● The package sent to all Australians on the electoral roll will include a reply paid envelope.
● Any extraneous material placed in the envelope will be destroyed and the survey form may also be destroyed.
● Lost or spoilt survey forms can be replaced.
● Those not wishing to participate are encouraged to destroy the form.
● Surveys will be barcoded, but will only be used for ‘‘mark-in’’ purposes.
● Those who turn 18 after August 24 won’t be able to vote.
● Arrangements will be made to allow remote Australians, those living in Antarctica and those deployed overseas to participate.
● The result will be published on the ABS website on November 15 and broken down along electorate and state lines.
● Observers will be nominated by parliamentarians to monitor key steps in the process.
AUGUST 24: Electoral roll closes for new enrolments or updates.
SEPTEMBER 12: Start of mail-out.
OCTOBER 11: Requests for replacement surveys closes.
OCTOBER 27: The date voters are strongly encouraged to post their form back by.
NOVEMBER 7: Responses received after this date won’t be processed.
NOVEMBER 15: Result released.