CRUMBS

Business Events News - - News -

HERE’S some­thing you don’t hear ev­ery day: a hedge­hog is be­lieved to have started a fire af­ter elec­tro­cut­ing it­self in a ho­tel in Nelson, NZ.

Lo­cal fire­fight­ers dis­cov­ered the still-burn­ing re­mains of the prickly an­i­mal un­der the Turf Ho­tel in the wee hours of Tue morn­ing.

Stoke chief fire of­fi­cer Tane Simp­son told Stuff.co.nz that the large adult hedge­hog had chewed through an elec­tri­cal ca­ble.

It took the fire­fight­ers nearly an hour to find the source of the prob­lem af­ter ar­riv­ing to dis­cover a “haze of smoke” in the build­ing.

For­tu­nately for the ho­tel, no ma­jor damage was re­ported.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.