De­ci­sion due on car­ry­over wa­ter

Campaspe News - - NEWS -

FOL­LOW­ING the end of the 2017/18 ir­ri­ga­tion sea­son, many Goul­burn-Mur­ray Wa­ter ( GMW) cus­tomers have choices to make about their un­used wa­ter.

For those who won’t use their al­lo­ca­tion by June 30, it’s im­por­tant they un­der­stand their op­tions.

Cus­tomers can sell un­used wa­ter, but trade ap­pli­ca­tions must be lodged with GMW by June 27, or June 30 if the ap­pli­ca­tion is made through the on­line trad­ing por­tal.

“You can find a buyer your­self, or use a bro­ker or so­lic­i­tor,” GMW cus­tomer op­er­a­tions gen­eral man­ager Scott Barber said. “We pro­vide ap­pli­ca­tion forms and in­for­ma­tion on end-of-sea­son wa­ter trad­ing on our web­site.

“You may have the op­tion of keep­ing some or all of your un­used wa­ter al­lo­ca­tion from this ir­ri­ga­tion sea­son and tak­ing it into the next sea­son, sub­ject to rules, where it can be used or traded as nor­mal — that is called car­ry­over.

“Car­ry­over is based on the trad­ing zone you are in and the rules that ap­ply to that zone.”

Cus­tomers wish­ing to car­ry­over their un­used al­lo­ca­tion must trade it into an al­lo­ca­tion ac­count linked to a suf­fi­cient vol­ume of wa­ter shares.

To do this, an ap­pli­ca­tion to trade wa­ter form (form 39), must be submitted to GMW by June 27.

“Finally, if you do not wish to use, sell or car­ry­over your un­used wa­ter, you can ap­ply to re­lin­quish your al­lo­ca­tion. There is no charge to re­lin­quish wa­ter,” Mr Barber said.

For more in­for­ma­tion about car­ry­over, us­ing, sell­ing or re­lin­quish­ing al­lo­ca­tions, visit gmwa­ end­of­sea­son or phone GMW on 1800 013 357.

A car­ry­over cal­cu­la­tor is also avail­able at wa­ter­reg­is­ to help cus­tomers un­der­stand how the car­ry­over rules ap­ply to them.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.