Family grateful but struggling after property fire
A FAMILY is battling to care for their rare goats after a fire roared through their property last Tuesday.
The Rogers family at Cartref Goat Farm said theywere extremely grateful to Mundubbera and Coonambula fire brigades and everyone else who helped save their home and stock.
But Sam Rogers said she was irrigation pipes.
“A fire started up behind him and he was running for his life trying to get to the dam.
“He had no walkie talkie so we weren’t aware of the strife he was in. Fortunately he is okay.”
Ms Rogers said there was still plenty of smoke in the area with some logs smouldering, making breathing difficult.