LOOKING BACK: Before Federation, men from the Biggenden area formed part of the Queensland Infantry. After Federation in 1901, the Infantry (pictured above) was absorbed into the 15th Light Horse Regiment. This was changed to the 1st Lighthorse Regiment in 1912 and saw service in World War 1. In World War 2 they again saw service but as the 5th Light Horse Regiment. In February 1939, the Biggenden Troop was brought into existence. Members were issued with uniforms and saddlery and each were responsible for providing a horse for which the army paid for its hire.