Mighty mouse takes a bite out of finger
WHEN a mouse latched onto Kristy Gardener’s finger, naturally she tried to flick it off but its teeth had firmly embedded into her skin.
Kristy said the mouse hit the wall pretty hard but it still managed to escape into a hole in the corner of the room.
“I was feeding the chooks when I came across the little mouse trapped in the feed drum,” Kristy said.
“I didn’t want to hurt it I just wanted to catch it and set it free, so I got the feed scooper and I caught it first time.
“I worked it up the side of the feed drum and then without thinking I grabbed it.”
The Mundubbera student said she didn’t think the mouse would bite her.
“Before too long I seemed to have an allergic reaction to the antiseptic that we had applied neat out of the bottle.”
After rushing to the Mundubbera Hospital the finger was treated with cold water and a loose bandage and Kristy was released. “My finger had swollen to twice its normal size and a huge blister had formed where we had put the antiseptic,” she said.
A week later, the swelling has gone down and she is out of danger of any further infection.
RECOVERED: Kristy Gardener shows off her damaged finger that is still in recovery.