OPENING DAY. Although formed on June 10, 1926 by founder of QCWA Ruth Fairfax, the Biggenden QCWA Rooms were opened in 1928. These rooms were built on landed leased from the railway and today continued to be utilised by many organisations in the town. Since the inception of QCWA there has been five branches in the former Biggenden Shire but sadly Coalstoun Lakes, Dallarnil, Degilbo and Didcot have closed. The first formed was at Coalstoun Lakes in 1925 where Ada Brooks was president. Memorial gates are erected in her memory at the Biggenden QCWA Rooms.