Can you claim an elec­tric­ity re­bate?

Central and North Burnett Times - - NEWS -

NORTH Bur­nett Re­gional Coun­cil has re­minded res­i­dents to check if they are el­i­gi­ble for the new elec­tric­ity re­bate.

From April 1, Com­mon­wealth Health Care Card hold­ers can ap­ply for the Elec­tric­ity Re­bate through their re­tailer.

El­i­gi­ble cus­tomers will re­ceive pay­ments that may be back­dated to Jan­uary 1.

Once ver­i­fied, the re­bate will start ap­pear­ing on the next elec­tric­ity bill, with pay­ments back­dated to Jan­uary 1 or when the cus­tomer be­came el­i­gi­ble af­ter Jan­uary 1.

Re­bates are avail­able to peo­ple who hold any of the be­low:

Pen­sioner Con­ces­sion Card;

De­part­ment of Vet­er­ans’ Af­fairs Gold Card (and re­ceive the War Widow/er Pen­sion or spe­cial rate TPI Pen­sion); or

Queens­land Se­niors Card. For fur­ther in­for­ma­tion on re­bate el­i­gi­bil­ity or other en­ergy con­ces­sions avail­able, please phone 13 QGOV (13 74 68) or visit

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.