Boost for first home own­ers

Central and North Burnett Times - - NEWS -

THE State Gov­ern­ment’s $20,000 Queens­land First Home Owner’s Grant has pro­vided $46.8 mil­lion to help 2340 peo­ple pur­chase a new house, unit or apart­ment in just the seven months since the boosted scheme’s launch on July 1 last year. Trea­surer Cur­tis Pitt said this had al­ready sur­passed the $35.6 mil­lion in pay­ments to 2372 peo­ple in 2015-16 when the grant was worth $15,000. “Savvy Queens­lan­ders are right to act quickly with the $20,000 boost ex­pir­ing on June 30, 2017, and and next week you’ll see an ad cam­paign rolled out en­cour­ag­ing more peo­ple to take up this op­por­tu­nity,”’ Mr Pitt said.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.