Electrical fault caused fire that gutted Allies Creek property
AN OLD sawmill property in Allies Creek was destroyed by a house fire that broke out earlier this week.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services personnel were the first on scene to help extinguish the blaze.
QFES spokesperson Brad Gardner said the property received “significant structural damage and could not be saved”.
The incident was due to an electrical fault, with no injuries recorded.
Mundubbera police Acting Sergeant Robbie Yarrow said the incident was deemed not suspicious.
“The fire was caused by an electrical fault and therefore we will not be investigating the case any further,” Sgt Yarrow said.
Queensland Ambulance, police and Ergon Energy attended the scene.
Property owner Natali Williams said she wasn’t at the property when the fire occurred.
“I was in town attending church when the fire brigade gave me a call,” Ms Williams said.
“It was a lucky thing nobody was injured and everyone came out in one piece.”
Ms Williams said she would not rebuild.
“I live in two different places, there’s no need to rebuild,” she said.
The Allies Creek sawmill located 70km south of Mundubbera was sold to the state government in 2008, resulting in 70 workers losing their jobs.
Ms Williams is hoping to sell the property sometime this year.
COULDN’T BE SAVED: The old sawmill property was completely destroyed by fire on Sunday afternoon.