1. Did Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump receive more nationwide popular votes at last year’s US presidential election?
2. TV pioneer John Logie Baird was born in (a) Australia (b) Scotland (c) USA?
3. The Richmond Bridge, opened in 1825 and Australia’s oldest bridge still in use, is in (a) Queensland (b) Tasmania (c) Western Australia?
4. “Bacon and eggs” is rhyming slang for which body parts?
5. The 150th Melbourne Cup was run in (a) 1970 (b) 1990 (c) 2010?
6. “Go ahead, make my day,” said Inspector Harry Callahan in which 1983 movie?
7. Battery Point is in which Australian state/territory?
8. What is the 12-letter German word meaning a “look-alike”?
9. Which is the closest planet to the sun with a moon?
10. Last year, which Australian became the first to win his first 10 Tests as England rugby coach?
11. Which Melbourne Storm player won the 2016 Golden Boot for world’s best rugby league player?
12. KLM is which country’s national airline?
13. Hanoi is on which river (a) Blue (b) Red (c) Yellow?
14. Tinky Winky and Dipsy are characters in which children’s TV show?
15. Did the Battle of Guadalcanal take place in the First World War or the Second World War?
16. Stephanie del Valle, Miss World 2016 is from which US territory?
17. Name the 562m-high volcanic stack 20km off the coast of Lord Howe Island?
18. Beginning with “a”, what is the term for the type of rice frequently used in a risotto recipe?
19. What is the term for the supports about which a lever pivots?
20. Last year, which Channel 9 cricket commentator was taken out of the MCG broadcast box on a stretcher twice in three days?
21. Which national capital is abbreviated as CDMX?
22. Which hyphenated word, referring to circumstances in which facts are less influential in shaping public opinion than appeals to emotion, was the Oxford Dictionaries 2016 word of the year?
23. In 1856, which dancer horse-whipped the editor of the Ballarat Times after an unfavourable review?
24. Which punctuation mark has the same name as a human body part?
25. What is the term for a house’s railed platform which reputedly came from the wives of mariners who would watch for their husband’s return?