1. Anzac Day will occur on which day next week?
2. Politicians with little or no experience working outside politics are sometimes referred to as (a) brown bun (b) cream puff (c) white bread?
3. Which river forms most of the border between New South Wales and Victoria?
4. Last year, which US tennis star became engaged to Reddit co-founder Alex Ohanian?
5. The name of the torture chamber in the Ministry of Love in George Orwell’s novel Nineteen Eighty-Four was Room (a) 87 (b) 101 (c) 666?
6. In a world first in 2012, mandatory plain-packaging of tobacco products came into force in which country?
7. Beginning with “p”, what is the eight-letter term for an inflammation of the membranes surrounding the lungs?
8. “We have the chance to turn the pages over. We can write what we want to write,” are lyrics from which song?
9. Last year, which country scored 450 in the fourth innings of a cricket Test against Australia?
10. “BoJo” is the nickname of which senior British politician?
11. Name the only two current teams never to have played in a grand final since the introduction of the NRL competition in 1998.
12. Donatello was a 14th-15th century Italian (a) explorer (b) soldier (c) sculptor?
13. The first name of comedian Groucho Marx was (a) Jacob (b) Joshua (c) Julius?
14. Which Anglo-French supersonic airliner began commercial flights in 1976?
15. In American football, how many points are awarded for a touchdown (a) four (b) six (c) eight?
16. Name Redgum’s 1983 hit song about a young Australian soldier in the Vietnam War.
17. Who was the most recent Australian prime minister to have served as deputy prime minister?
18. Name the only US state with a name beginning with “L”.
19. Which US golfer won the 2016 Australian PGA?
20. Which 2016 movie told the story of an illiterate, impoverished, Ugandan 10-year-old girl who within three years becomes an internationally renowned chess champion?
21. Which Beach Boy briefly befriended Charles Manson and his family?
22. What is the US airline-related term for a fake smile?
23. Which instrument did Brian Jones play on the Rolling Stones 1966 hit Paint It Black?
24. Who was the most recent Australian to play in a men’s tennis singles grand slam final?
25. What is the term for a cross with a loop forming its upper section?
Ankh. 25. 2005). Open Australian( Hewitt. Lleyton 24. Sitar. 23. smile. Am Pan 22. Wilson. Dennis 21. Katwe. of Queen 20. III. Varner Harold 19. Louisiana. 18. 10).2007-( Gillard. Julia 17. 19. Only Was I 16. six. b)( 15. Concorde. 14. Julius. c)( 13. sculptor. c)( 12. Titans. Coast Gold Raiders, Canberra 11. Johnson. Boris 10. Pakistan. 9. Voice. the You’re 8. Pleurisy. 7. Australia. 6. 101. Room b)( 5. Williams. Serena 4. River. Murray 3. bread. white c)( 2. Tuesday. 1.