Home fire at risk of spreading
FOUR Queensland Fire and Emergency Services crews rushed to a house at Moura last Friday morning after reports of a home on fire.
Fire units arrived at the Nobbs St home at 12.50am to find a section of the building engulfed in flames.
A QFES spokesman said crews assessed a very real threat of the fire spreading to neighbouring houses on both sides of the home.
The spokesman said power lines were also down and one person at the scene needed medical attention.
“We went straight into property protection mode and by 1.30am we’d isolated the power,” he said.
While firies battled the blaze, Queensland Ambulance Service paramedics treated the casualty.
A Queensland Ambulance Services spokeswoman said the patient suffered a superficial burn to the hand and was transported in a stable condition to Moura Hospital.
By 2.30am the four fire units had brought the flames under control.
Operations wrapped up by 3.37am and handed to police.
The fire is believed to have started from an electrical fault.