BALI for TWO
The ultimate mix of luxurious pampering and adventurous exploration – something for every couple
WHERE TO STAY
AYANA RESORT AND SPA, JIMBARAN (AYANA.COM) Atop the sea cliffs of Jimbaran is a honeymoon destination like no other. Literally. The only integrated resort in Bali, there are 12 incredible pools to dip your feet in, from rainforest-surrounded meccas to beachside infinity pools. For total newlywed isolation, the secluded AYANA Villas provide inescapable (read: won’t ever want to escape) luxury – and an extra private pool. You can get spa treatments on-site at the Thermes Marins spa, voted the World’s Best Spa, dine at one of 18 restaurants and bars, and watch the sunset from the Rock Bar – AYANA Villa guests get a coveted seat in the ‘circle’, an exclusive rock island jutting out over the crystal-clear water. Tired from all the cliff-top yoga and golf-putting? Retreat to the exclusive private beach
for the day, where you’ll feel like the only two people in the world. You won’t ever need to leave the resort – but if you do, then beautiful Bali awaits right at your doorstep. Go explore, then come back to soak in the unrivalled luxury. Ahhh, if only you could be newlyweds every day!
The aquatonic pool for a totally unique hydromassage experience.
Rates at Ayana Resort and Spa Bali start from $324 per night for room only, suites from $571 per night. Villas at Ayana Resort with private plunge pool and 24-hour personalised butler service start from $980 per night. Visit ayana.com.
If you’re after a special experience with your lover, Spa on the Rocks is about as special as you can get. You can literally get a diamond-dust facial while soaking in a bath filled with the petals of 500 red roses, drinking champagne, with the ocean lapping on all sides – because your spa is literally on a rock in the ocean. Decadent, much?
WHERE TO EAT
• Motel Mexicola, Denpasar – for some fiesta with your food.
• Potato Head, Seminyak – a traditional yet ethical take on Indonesian dishes.
• Swept Away Restaurant, The Samaya, Ubud – their 100-candle riverside dinner is the epitome of romance.
WHERE TO ADVENTURE
• Uluwatu Temple: This temple is perched atop a 70-metre-high sea cliff. Be sure to respect the local traditions and dress conservatively.
• Tegenungan waterfall: Get the perfect pic for the honeymoon album (*cough* Instagram) while you’re at it.
• Ubud Monkey forest: hang out with 700 monkeys! Get ready to giggle
(and possibly have your bag stolen by a cheeky monkey). Hold on tight...
The Insta-famous Rock Bar.
Private beach, anyone?
Enjoy a modern feast at Ayana’s DAVA Steak & Seafood Restaurant.