FACE-2-FACE: Nicole Costantin
Vice President Sales AU/NZ, Norwegian Cruise Line.
1. What is your favourite part of the job?
Launching new products – I love the feeling you get when you see a brand-new ship sailing out of the harbour.
2. What a racted you to a career in the cruise industry?
Having already been working in travel, I saw cruising as an exciting part of this industry that had huge growth potential.
3. What is the key to success in the cruise industry?
Passion. I believe that you need to be passionate about, and believe in, the brand you represent.
4. Biggest challenge facing the industry?
The lack of cruising infrastructure in Australia, which continues to be an ongoing challenge for our industry. We need to lift our sights to the fabulous cruises further afield like Europe and Alaska to keep our guests and loyal customer base cruising.
5. Advice for up-and-comers?
My best advice would be to attend all the CLIA training programs that you can. I’d also recommend that agents take the time to learn about individual products.
6. Where do you see yourself in five years?
7. How do you wind down a er a busy week?
8. Celebrity you’d like to cruise with?
George Clooney - need I say more?