THE DEPLORABLES: THEY SAID WHAT?
Just when you thought the haters couldn’t get any hatier…
“You fucking faggots… you fucking poofters.” – Shouted by an unnamed attacker before rocks (pictured right) were thrown through Olivia Hill’s windows. She had decorated her Brisbane home with rainbows supporting marriage equality in Australia.
“Why are they teaching that in school? What does that have to do with life?”
– American mother Octavia Parks removes her daughter from a class teaching LGBTI issues, including what the term lesbian means.
“Maybe you have the fever cos I came inside you and I have HIV, lol. Whoops!”
– British man Daryll Rowe (pictured right) in a text to a man he allegedly deliberately transmitted HIV to after pressuring him into unprotected sex. Rowe denies the allegations.
“The freedom of conscience transcends national, cultural, religious and denominational lines, and Romanians are determined to prevent such injustice from ever happening again in their country.”
– Harry Mihet of the US-based, anti-gay Liberty Counsel on a tour of Romania to campaign against marriage equality.
“Anybody come in show business, they’re going to say you’re gay. Are you straight? Are you a homosexual something? They’re going to say it… But God, Jesus, he made men, men, he made women, women, you know? And you’ve got to live the way God wants you to live.”
– Little Richard (pictured left) in an anti-gay tirade on a US Christian network. Richard told Penthouse in 1995, “I’ve been gay all my life,” and performed in drag cabaret in the 1950s before becoming a rock star.
“The fact that trannies can’t recognise and don’t appreciate Gucci just proves they are mentally ill.” – Gay, far-right activist, Milo Yiannopoulos (pictured) attacks trans people via his Instagram account.
“The Church is still in the biblical view that marriage is only an alliance between men and women. God set this. Therefore, it is not the right of a person to amend it.”
– Estonian Archbishop, Urmas Viilmad responds to calls for civil unions in his country.
“It is clear that the two most powerful lobbies in America – the Jewish and the Homosexual – are hellbent [that] the information in this lecture, How To Make A Homosexual never makes it to the public’s awareness. You should ask yourself, why?”
– US-based speaker Dr Wesley Muhammad after his anti-gay lecture at a Philadelphia high school was cancelled following complaints.
“It is forbidden for homosexuals to appear in any media outlet whether written, audio or visual, except when they acknowledge their wrong conduct and repent for it.” – Egypt’s Supreme Council For Media Regulation, issuing a “crackdown” on the LGBTI community.
“We can’t allow LGBT behaviour on TV. It is against our culture. We have to ban it early before it becomes a lifestyle. It’s dangerous and can ruin the morality of the younger generation.”
– Politician Supiadin Aries Saputra (pictured right) from Indonesia’s Nasdem Party comments on a new law being drafted which will ban all LGBTI characters on TV in the country.