HOW TO HELP YOURSELF
If you’re experiencing anxiety you can take steps to help yourself feel better. 1. Write how you feel in a journal, even if it doesn’t make sense. Pouring it out will help settle your thoughts.
2. Listen to music that lifts your spirits.
3. Do ‘mindfulness’ activities such as yoga, meditation and colouring in. They help you be in the moment instead of worrying about the future.
4. Exercise regularly – it really is an instant mood-lifter and helps clear your mind.
5. Eat well – a bad diet makes you feel worse. When you feel well physically, it helps you feel well mentally.
6. Go outdoors – try walking, having picnics and visiting outdoor cafés.
7. Spend time with those who support you.
8. Accept how you feel and know that other people feel like this as well.
9. See a doctor or school counsellor and discuss your concerns.