• Brown wrapping paper • Sticky tape • Scissors • White cardboard • Pencil • Thin hat elastic
Note: this works best on square-shaped presents.
1. Wrap the present in brown paper, then lay it on top of a piece of white cardboard and trace around the gift. This will give you an idea of how big you can make Santa’s beard.
2. Draw a bearded shape on the cardboard (don’t forget his moustache) and cut it out. Find where his mouth should be (between the beard and the mo’) and draw it in, then poke a hole in the centre of the mouth and, using scissors, cut it out.
3. Poke two small holes on either side of his beard (this is where the elastic will go through), then measure the amount of elastic you’ll need to fit your beard around your present and cut it to length.
4. Thread the elastic through the holes and tie it off on the front side of your beard to secure. Pop it around your pressie.