Ute Tow Test Verdict, plus GCM, GVM & payload explainer
Big League – 3500kg
1. Ford Ranger: A combination of grunt, finesse and solid engineering
2. Holden Colorado: This ute can finally haul with a degree of classy comfort. There’s plenty of power on tap and the new steering is excellent under load
3. Mazda BT-50: It may lack the updated kit of both the Ranger and the Colorado, but it’s a solid tow unit that’s confident and capable 4. Isuzu D-Max: Has a go, but lacks the grunt and capability of recent arrivals and updates
5. Nissan Navara NP300: Just don’t. Little League – 2800kg 1. Toyota Hilux: A good all-rounder that is no doubt capable of more. We’d love to try it in manual 3500kg guise
2. Mitsubishi Triton: Very capable at this weight, a surprising performer. It’s hard to ignore the value proposition.