Top 5 takeaways from ALPPPS 2016
Were you at ALPPPs this year? Here is a summary of Jo-Anne Oliveri’s top five takeaways from the event.
1. ADOPT NEW TECHNOLOGIES In the face of disruption, principals and property managers have two choices: adopt or die. Those who step up by adopting game-changing technologies such as digital solar, smart locks, 3D floor plans and automated lease showings will be the ones who succeed.
2. DIGITAL SOLAR IS A #GAMECHANGER Implementing game-changing technologies like digital solar keeps you ahead of the curve. The principals who implement innovative technologies will remain pertinent in this changing economy.
3. MILLENNIALS: THE NEW GENERATION OF CLIENT The Millennial will be our industry’s next significant and impacting generation. Whilst Baby Boomers have dominated the industry for more than 20 years, the Millennials’ time is here. Understand that the Millennial client is four dimensional; they need an agency who can help sell, rent, invest or buy their next property.
4. BE KNOWN FOR YOUR CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE Whilst our industry’s poor reputation and poor service standards have made it an easy target for disruption, we have the opportunity to respond by providing a better customer experience.
5. BUILD RELATIONSHIPS ON SOCIAL MEDIA The key to social media success is to publish remarkable content, build genuine relationships and drive people to your website. Principals and PMs can build online relationships by providing content which answers questions that property investors are asking search engines.