THE AMAZING PM RACE
Highlights from our Transform PM Challenge Finale
IT WAS COMPETITIVE. It was fast. It was furious. In a fitting end to this year's Transform PM Challenge, was an 'Amazing Property Management Race' event. Designed by Elite Agent, the Great Race Australia, Realestate.com. au, Property Safe and Busivid, we tested our teams’ collaborative, problem-solving and PM skills, and of course had some fun.
This final step in the program gave our four Transform teams the chance to compete for the title of PM Transform Champion 2016.
The challenge began at Rydges Hotel in North Sydney. From there, our four teams followed a set trail to solve puzzles and, assisted by the four Real+ coaches, prove they had the goods to win the inaugural title.
Our four Transform teams had six checkpoints to pass:
1. Testing their building and engineering skills by constructing their own ‘skyscraper’
2. Using their problem-solving skills to find a mystery landlord (Charles Tarbey from C21) hidden in an apartment at a secret location in North Sydney. Three challenges awaited them at this checkpoint:
• To create a video property report for the landlord using the Busivid system and assess the correct rental amount
• Create copy and images (including 360 degree photos) in a realestate.com.au listing for the property
• A walk-through assessment of the property with a risk assessor, pointing out potential risks to the landlord and conducted a routine inspection using Maintenance Manager.
3. Testing their target skills with giant slings to ‘Hit their targets’
4. Completing a problem-solving change as a team by locating where their personal ‘Monopoly Chance’ Card was located
5. Finding the next location with a locked toolbox, where yet another puzzle required completion
6. Lastly, show their sales skills by organising a conga line of strangers with a minimum of 10 people – and filming it as proof. The more people doing the conga, the more points the teams scored.
While all of our teams are winners, the Amazing PM Race on the day was won by Harcourts Adelaide Hills, who showed the highest level of ingenuity, quick thinking and teamwork.