• Handpieces, combs & cutters, wool packs, stencils, earmark pliers, ear tags, paint brands and other valuable experting equipment should be regularly accounted for and securely locked away when not in use.
• Wool bales should be securely stored in a locked storage area.
• Details such as model and serial numbers of all shearing shed experting equipment, including grinders and wool presses, should be recorded in an inventory of all farm equipment.
• All external doors, windows and chutes should be designed so they can be
locked, and the shed checked regularly.
• Use a reputable shearing contractor and carrier.