Lindsey on Mac attack
GUITARIST Lindsey Buckingham has sued his former Fleetwood Mac bandmates, accusing them of breach of contract for cutting him out of their lucrative North American tour and the millions of dollars he would have earned from it.
In a lawsuit filed on Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, the 69-year-old Buckingham said the dispute stemmed from a clash between the planned 2018-19 Fleetwood Mac tour and Buckingham’s wishes to play some solo dates.
The lawsuit claimed that each member of the group would have earned between $US12 million and $US14 million for the 50-city tour, which kicked off last week.
The other band members “intentionally acted to interfere with Buckingham’s relationship with (concert promoters) Live Nation and the prospective economic benefit he was to receive as a result of his participation in the tour”, the lawsuit said.