Cooking & Craft
These chewy cookies make a delicious tangy treat!
YOU WILL NEED:
½ cup unsalted butter 2/3 cup brown sugar ¾ cup wholewheat flour 1 ½ cup rolled oats ¾ cup dried unsweetened cranberries 1 large egg ¼ teaspoon baking powder ½ teaspoon vanilla extract ¼ teaspoon salt 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
WHAT TO DO:
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees.
2. Combine flour, salt, baking powder, and nutmeg in a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the sugar, vanilla extract and butter together. Add the egg and combine until smooth.
4. Stir the flour mixture into the large bowl with the sugar/ butter mix. Stir in the oats and cranberries.
5. Chill the dough for an hour in the fridge.
6. Line a baking tray with baking paper and spray lightly with olive oil spray.
7. Scoop the slightly hardened dough into flat circles onto the sheets about 5-6 cms apart.
8. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (depending on your oven), taking them out when golden at the edges. You want them slightly undercooked looking on top.
9. Let them cool on the baking sheet for five minutes before transferring to a rack to cool.