BEHIND THE SCENES GOSS FROM DANCE MOMS
The inspiring, funny and ridiculous hit Dance
Moms is into its fifth season and we’re hooked! Here are a few fun facts behind the scenes of all that dance and drama…
1. Budding star Maddie Ziegler compares her life to a fictional Disney character saying, “I feel like Hannah Montana: I’ve got my normal brown hair when I’m competing and on
Dance Moms, but when I put on that blonde wig for Sia, I go undercover—I become a total weirdo.”
2. The show was awarded Favourite Reality Show at the 2015 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards.
3. Dance teacher Abby was shocked when she discovered the show airs in 110 countries, rather than the 30 she had previously believed.
4. Abby has stated that early plans were to make the show 85% about the moms, 10% the kids, and 5% the dancing, with Abby not even in the equation.
5. In 2014, Abby’s remaining four dancers from the first season averaged over one million followers on Instagram. Paige, Brooke and Kendall also had over one million followers apiece.