Girlfriend - - GF FEATURES -

Like any­thing to do with your body, there are some cases when you might need to see a doc­tor about your pe­riod. You should visit your GP or gy­nae­col­o­gist if:

You’re 16 years or older and haven’t had your first pe­riod

You’re ex­pe­ri­enc­ing bleed­ing be­tween periods or af­ter sex

You have se­vere pe­riod pain

Your periods get much closer to­gether or fur­ther apart

Your periods have stopped and you don’t know why

Your periods sud­denly get much heav­ier.

These aren’t the only rea­son to see your doc­tor or ask them ques­tions. If you are ever un­sure about your pe­riod, or want in­for­ma­tion, you should talk to your doc­tor. They have heard and seen it all be­fore, and are there to help you.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.