The GQ team picks the wedding kit you need to turn a good outfit into a great one.
WE ROUND UP THE GQ TEAM’S FAVOURITE WEDDING DAY ESSENTIALS.
1. “There aren’t many occasions when you can wear a bow tie these days, so it pays to make an extra effort when you’re walking down the aisle. Keep things classic with a stylish black number like this one.” JOSH BEGGS, ART DIRECTOR SILK BOW TIE, $159, BY GUCCI; MRPORTER.COM
2. “If you’re attending a less-formal affair, it’s worth looking further than your regular black or white options for pocket squares. This navy polka dot version will give your look a modern edge.” BARNABY ASH, FASHION EDITOR POCKET SQUARE, $105, BY PAUL SMITH; PAULSMITH.CO.UK
3. “Don’t forget the finer details – starting with your nails. This fancy set has everything you’ll need to ensure you look well groomed on your big day.” EMMA FAGG, MARKET EDITOR LEATHER-BOUND MANICURE SET, $719,BY CZEVH & SPEAKE; MRPORTE.COM
4. “I’ve been a huge fan of the new CT60 collection since the launch earlier this year. This chronograph is just the right size, and the stainlesssteel case and black dial makes this model equal parts understated and stylish. In other words: perfect wedding day wrist wear.” NICK SMITH, EDITOR IN CHIEF STAINLESS STEEL ‘CT60 42MM’ CHRONOGRAPH WATCH, $10,400, BY TIFFANY & CO.; TIFFANY.COM.AU
5. “Every groom must have a present from his bride-to-be to open on the wedding morning – but you knew that, right? These are perfect, so best start dropping hints now.” MIKE CHRISTENSEN, CHIEF SUBEDITOR STERLING SILVER CUFF LINKS, $495, BY TIFFANY & CO.; TIFFANY.COM.AU
6. “There’s a lot to be said for traditional wedding attire, but if you don’t feel like going the full floral boutonnière route, this leather lapel pin will add a nice contemporary touch to your outfit. Plus, it’s a handy piece to have in the wardrobe if any last-minute formal occasions pop up.” RICHARD CLUNE, DEPUTY EDITOR LEATHER ROSE LAPEL PIN, $184, BY LANVIN; MATCHESFASHION.COM
7. “If you’re not wearing a bow tie, dress things up with a stylish tie bar like this one. It could also make for a thoughtful, timeless gift for one of your groomsmen, if you’d like to thank them for their support.” JAKE MILLAR, FEATURES WRITER STERLING SILVER TIE BAR, $270, BY TIFFANY & CO.; TIFFANY.COM.AU