RETURN TO RETRO
KICK IT OLD-SCHOOL WITH SOME COOL, VINTAGE-INSPIRED SPORTS EQUIPMENT.
1. EBBETS FIELD FLANNELS ‘PORTLAND BEAVERS’ CAP, APPROX. $64* Looking as good as it did when created in 1957, this sets you apart from the New York Yankees pack in the gym.
2. ADIDAS ‘STAN SMITH’ SNEAKERS, $140 Hailing from 1971, this ’06 tennis shoe has received a subtle update with gold foil. Game, set and match.
3. CELSIUS LEATHER SKIPPING ROPE, $29.99, AT REBEL SPORT The leather cord is pure historic boxing gym and sings in motion, while the moulded rubber grips mean they won’t slipe when you have a sweat on.
4. LEATHER HEAD RUGBY BALL, APPROX. $200 The more you use this for your pick-up games of touch footy, the better looking the leather will get.
5. FRED PERRY ‘REISSUES MADE IN ENGLAND’ BOMBER, APPROX. $360 Originally designed in the 1950s, the black/ champagne colour scheme is on point in this ideal warm up/cool down jacket, which doubles as streetwear.
6. WEGENER ‘9’4” NOSE RIDER’, $3500, AT THE SHOP NEXT DOOR The oiled wooden finish to this beauty is quicker than any other surfboard surface, meaning you can hang ten faster than anyone can shout ‘yiiiiiiiiiiew’.
7. EBBETS FIELD FLANNELS ‘INDIANAPOLIS ABC’S’ SWEATSHIRT, APPROX. $115 Great for cooler weather outdoor training and sporting a balance between minimalism and personality.
8. LEATHER HEAD MEDICINE BALL, APPROX. $510** At five kilos it provides enough of a load for high-rep exercises or just functions as a piece of décor.
FRENCH PLAYER ROBERT NAME, THE TENNIS SHOE BECAME THE STAN TO CAPTURE MORE OF THE AMERICAN MARKET. 05 07