WE GO INSIDE TOM FORD’S STYLISH SYDNEY BOUTIQUE FOR POINTERS ON WHAT MAKES THE ULTIMATE DRESSING ROOM – AND HOW TO RECREATE THE LOOK AT HOME.
Tom Ford’s design for the ultimate wardrobe.
1. With its marble base and classic linen shade, the clean lines and retro feel of this lamp make for a striking addition to any room. Marble and linen ‘Pillar’ table lamp, $349, by West Elm.
2. The work of British label Church’s, they’re made of cedar wood, which not only keeps your footwear in shape, but absorbs moisture to protect your leather. Norfolk wood and metal shoetrees, approx. $86, by Church’s at Mr Porter.
3. Keep prized timepieces in running order with this handcrafted watch winder. It also boasts extra storage for three other watches and accessories. Lizard leather ‘Blake’ double watch winder, $1450, by Wolf.
4. With its graceful marble top and funky geometric metalwork, this elegant coffee table is the perfect mix of classic and modern. Marble and brass ‘O-table’, $6950, by Ox Denmarq at Great Dane.
5. This mammoth floor mirror is finished in leather and brass, and is tall enough to survey any outfit from head to toe. Mr Ford would approve. Leather and brass ‘Alexander’ floor mirror, $3595, by Timothy Oulton at Coco Republic.
6. This handsome number is just the inspiration needed for when you’re getting ready to go out – but it’s so comfortable you’ll never want to leave. Velvet and brass ‘Goldfinger’ chair, $2745, by Jonathan Adler at Coco Republic.
7. The Paris-based label’s most famous scent, this comes in a sophisticated black mouth-blown glass. With proper care, it should burn for up to 90 hours. ‘Baies Noire’ candle, $118, by Diptyque.
8. Made from glass with a metallic finish, this vase works as a single statement piece, or can be clustered with other similar objects for a stylish effect. Glass ‘Bullet’ vase, $24.95, by Country Road.