WHAT THE TEAM’S WEARING THIS SEASON.
1. “Skinny wins the day, not least because the air tie will be frowned on in most grandstands.” Silk tie, $39.95, by Blaq at Myer. MIKE CHRISTENSEN, MANAGING EDITOR
2. “Unlike any of the horses I tend to pick, a stylish hat like this is always a safe bet on race day.” Straw ‘Clendon Clove’ hat, $99, by Rodd & Gunn at Myer. JAKE MILLAR, FEATURES EDITOR
3. “You can dress up a standard jeans-and-shirt combo in a flash, creating a smartcasual look that’ll work for anything up to a wedding.” Cotton blazer, $99.95, by H&M. CRAIG JAMIESON, SENIOR SUBEDITOR
4. “Not only do these Prada glasses go with everything on this page, they go with just about everything in my spring wardrobe.” Metal sunglasses, $380, by Prada Linea Rossa at Myer. BRAD HOMES, FASHION EDITOR
5. “Breitling isn’t subtle when it comes to the detailing of its watches, making them the perfect accompaniment to any spring racing outfit. Giddy up.” Steel/gold ‘Chronomat 44 GMT’ watch, $17,220, by Breitling. JACK PHILLIPS, DIGITAL COMMERCIAL EDITOR
6. “Holding up your pants need not be a strictly utilitarian exercise.” Leather belt, $69.95, by Ben Sherman at Myer. CHRISTIAN HARIMANOW, DIGITAL ART DIRECTOR
7. “Bring the trackside party with a brogue – and this colour is known as ‘wine’. That is all.” Leather shoes, $150, by Blaq at Myer. RICHARD CLUNE, DEPUTY EDITOR