THERE’S A FRESH WAVE OF HEADLINERS COMING FOR OUR SHORES. BUT HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THEM? MATCH THE FACTS TO THE MUSOS AND WIN A PRIZE*.
1. Once refused to perform in Rio de Janeiro until a roadie collected a jacket left at a previous show – in London.
2. Writes songs on a typewriter because it’s too easy to delete work on a computer if “having a bad day”.
3. Was knocked out by a bottle, after the crowd turned ugly during a performance at the UK’S Reading Festival.
4. The subject of a petition to be deported from the US that received 270,000 signatures of support. Made $75m last year.
5. The headline act at a benefit for the David Lynch Foundation, in support of transcendental meditation.
6. Smashed a guitar and shouted “I’m not fuckin’ Justin Bieber, you motherfuckers” after a performance was cut short at the UK iheartradio festival.
7. Has an asteroid named after him.
8. A long-time model train enthusiast who owns a stake in a US model locomotive manufacturing company.
JUSTIN BIEBER PLAYS PERTH, MAR 6; MELBOURNE, MAR 10; BRISBANE, MAR 13; SYDNEY MAR 15; JUSTIN BIEBERMUSIC.COM BILLIE JOE ARMSTRONG GREEN DAY PLAY PERTH, APR 30; ADELAIDE, MAY 3; MELB’NE, MAY 5, BRISBANE, MAY 8; SYDNEY, MAY 10; GREENDAY.COM NEIL YOUNG PLAYS BLUESFEST, BYRON BAY APR 13-17; BLUES FEST.COM.AU BRENDON URIE PANIC! AT THE DISCO PLAY PERTH JAN 25, SYDNEY JAN 27, MELB JAN 28, 29, BRISBANE JAN 31; PANICAT THEDISCO.COM
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN PLAYS PERTH, JAN 22, 25, 27; ADELAIDE, JAN 30; MELBOURNE, FEB 2, 4; SYDNEY, FEB 7, 9; BRISBANE, FEB 14, 16; BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.NET AXL ROSE GUNS N’ ROSES PLAY BRISBANE, FEB 7; SYDNEY, FEB 10, 11; MELBOURNE, FEB 14; ADELAIDE, FEB 18; PERTH, FEB 21; GUNSN ROSES.COM NICK CAVE NICK CAVE AND THE BAD SEEDS PLAY SYDNEY, JAN 20, 21; NEWC, JAN 22; BRISBANE, JAN 25; MELB, JAN 27, 28; ADELAIDE, JAN 29; PERTH, JAN 31; NICKCAVE.COM DIXIE CHICKS PLAY CMC ROCKS, IPSWICH, MAR 24-26; CMCROCKS.COM
YOUNG. NEIL 8: SPRINGSTEEN. BRUCE 7: ARMSTRONG. JOE BILLIE 6: CHICKS. DIXIE 5: BIEBER. JUSTIN 4: URIE. BRENDON 3: CAVE. NICK 2: ROSE. AXL 1: ANSWERS: