Check your coun­cil ex­penses

Guardian Express - - GUARDIAN OPINION -

SHIRES these days have mas­sive CEO wages and sub­con­tract wages charged to the peo­ple to pay.

Each sub­urb that be­longs to a shire should check their run­ning ex­penses. 1. Check the wages. 2. Do you need all these peo­ple? 3. How much are the run­ning ex­penses (eg of­fice works, parks, ma­chin­ery, pub­lic toi­lets, street signs,etc,etc)?

4. What monies do you need from the State Gov­ern­ment eg, to main­tain roads, as this is paid by Main Roads on your ve­hi­cle reg­is­tra­tion?

5. What the peo­ple think they need for their sub­urb and which comes first. They can’t have ev­ery­thing as at the end of the day, the cost will be spread equally to all the peo­ple in the sub­urbs.

6. Com­mer­cial and re­tail should not pay big rates as the charges are passed back to the peo­ple in the sub­urbs.

7. Re­mem­ber, rates are rub­bish col­lec­tion and what it takes to run your shire.

8. The GRV and UV is not a rate, it’s a tax on your prop­erty of the value by Landgate. The shire picks a rate (tax) of so much in the dol­lar that is tax. Some­one has to run the sub­urbs. Each of you who have houses or build­ings make sure you get the best rate from your shire.

Ev­ery­body should pay the same rate equal to run your shire.

If they need din­ner and drinks, they get per­mis­sion from the peo­ple and if they need a wage in­crease, they ask the peo­ple.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.