WARNING OVER DOG BAITS IN STONEVILLE
THE public is being warned to be vigilant around their pets after a spate of dog baits being reported in the Hills.
The Shire of Mundaring said it had received reports this week of dog baits in Stoneville, including at a local reserve.
In one case, it is believed the bait was thrown into someone’s garden with the intention of the dog ingesting the poison.
The dog was taken to the Eastern Hills Vet Clinic to have his stomach pumped and was lucky to survive.
The owner, who did not want to be named, said his dog survived only because he happened to be home and sought treatment immediately.
Meanwhile, a staff member from Mt Helena Vet reported another baiting incident after she saw the pellets in dog faeces at a reserve in Stoneville.
In WA, under the Animal Welfare Act 2002 baiting with intent to harm any domestic pet is illegal and carries a maximum penalty of up to $50,000 fine or five years imprisonment or both. Call the RSPCA on 1300 278 3589.