“I love ALL OF THOSE patterns THAT ARE HAPPENING WITH THE timber, IT’S BEAUTIFUL” ~ ELIZA
Who lives here?
Eliza, a career consultant; daughter Eva, seven; son Hugo, five; and Peppa the dog. Best investment in the renovation?
Eliza: “I definitely had joinery creep. We started with more, pulled lots of it out, then as we got closer to the end, lots of it went back in. They said, ‘You say you’ll go back and put it in but you won’t.’ It’s the thing I love the most. It makes it feel more homely but also, in any small house, the more storage the better!” Style lessons?
“It was really important to me that we retained as much of the integrity of the old cottage as possible. The architect incorporated that with the other part of the brief, which was for a clean, modern style.”
EXTERIOR The bespoke pool fence in blackbutt repeats the vertical lines of the home’s striking architecture. Bean bags by Square Fox provide extra seating.
1. Deep blue linen from Sheets On The Line.
2. Eva (centre) and Hugo (right) enjoy some chill time with cousins Elke and Neko . 3. Pieris japonica freshens the indoors.
4. Custom cushions from Square Fox.
5. For a similar rug, try Armadillo & Co.
6. Front door painted in Dulux Palmer.
7. Hand-painted tiles by artist Georgina Forbes.