INSIDE STORY KIRSTY & PETE’S HOME
Who lives here?
Kirsty, a property investor; Pete, owner of building company Abri Projects; and their three children, Hugo, eight,
Kai, seven, and Ivy, almost one.
Where is your chill-out zone?
Kirsty: “The living room. I can get some music playing on the inbuilt sound system to set the mood, then relax on the couch with a cup of tea and a good book.”
Best tip for creating a calm home? “We’ve got so much storage and it’s all within easy reach for us and the kids, which means we don’t have to have clutter around the house. And that definitely creates calm.” Favourite homewares store?
“I love St Barts in James Street because it’s like walking into a beachside villa in France. I also can’t go past Magnolia Interiors.”
1. Glamorous finish: a feature wall in Talostone Statuario.
2. Kirsty and Pete at their kitchen island, topped with a broad sweep of Talostone Calacatta Gold.
3. Towel ladder in Matt Black from Astra Walker.
4. Shiplap spotted gum panelling from Boral Timber.
5. An ‘Iko’ coffee table from Jardan makes a match with a much-loved Nick Scali sofa.
6. Pot from The Balcony Garden.
7. A custom chess table and chair set by Pop Concrete. 1 4 2 3 5 67