Who stays here?
Kearnon, owner of an investment company that finances online fashion and lifestyle brands. Who else stays here with you? Kearnon: “I typically have several friends from New York visit while I’m here. My girlfriend, a freelance casting agent, also stays with me.” How does life here compare to back home? “Much more laid-back and relaxed. New York is frenetic – intense work, and very active socially. Cape Town is far more relaxed and healthy. Lots of cooking at home, more time outdoors and in nature. More surfing!”
Any eco aspects to the house?
“Many. I was very focused on water efficiency given some severe drought issues in Cape Town. I installed both a grey water and rainwater recycling facility that we use to irrigate the property.”
1. This print in the guest room is from a vintage store. For similar, try Safari Fusion.
2. Guests enjoy the outdoor dining area that features banquette seating.
3. For a similar benchtop, try ‘Calacatta Dorato’ marble from CDK Stone.
4. ‘Dandelion’ tiles by Marrakech Design.
5. Tara designed the oak front door that was made by a local craftsman.
6. Painting much of the house white creates a sense of space. 7. For brass bathroom fittings, try Astra Walker.