REVAMPING YOUR GREAT OUTDOORS
1. CREATE PRIVACY If it’s an overlooked area, find a way to block any prying eyes. This could be as simple as some timber slats.
2. PROVIDE SHADE Here the walls provide shade at different times of day. A large sun umbrella or shadecloth would also work.
3. USE ZONING Within a spacious outdoor area, you can create “rooms” – here there is a distinct dining zone and a lounging area.
4. CHOOSE TIMELESS COLOURS Unless you’re prepared to update the colour scheme every couple of years, use colours that won’t date. Grey, camel and chocolate are generally a safe bet.
5. MAKE IT ENTICING! Add a scattering of colourful cushions, wall art, plants, fairy lights, candles, a water feature… get creative with the trimmings for effortless resort style.