10 QUESTIONS TO ASK ABOUT TRAINING
1. Does the initial training include the broader aspects of running a business as well as specific skills?
2. Is pre-session training available online?
3. Does the training include competency assessment, and provide remedial training where necessary?
4. How is ongoing training delivered? Are there opportunities for face-to-face learning as well as online?
5. Will you have access to mentors, coaches or other personal support?
6. Will you have a clear and easily accessible manual that details processes and procedures?
7. Will the franchisor help fill any gaps in your training?
8. Is staff training included in the royalty payments, or do you have to pay for it separately?
9. Is staff training organised well in advance so you can incorporate it into your rosters?
10. Do the people presenting the training have appropriate qualifications and experience?
The quality of the training you receive can directly impact the success of your business. Jason Gehrke recommends asking the following questions when assessing
a potential investment: