Elec­tric shock girl home soon

Joondalup Weekender - - News -

AN 11-year-old Perth girl has spo­ken her first word – “Mum” – al­most a month af­ter doc­tors pre­dicted she would re­main in a veg­e­ta­tive state fol­low­ing a se­vere elec­tric shock at her fam­ily’s pub­lic hous­ing prop­erty.

Den­ishar Woods was ap­par­ently left with a cat­a­strophic brain in­jury when she was shocked with up to 230 volts AC af­ter she touched a gar­den tap at a Bel­don prop­erty on March 3.

Her mother Lacey Har­ri­son posted on Face­book that she had re­ceived the best news from doc­tors on Tues­day.

They told her that Den­ishar’s rapid progress meant she could be sent home from Princess Mar­garet Hos­pi­tal in as lit­tle as three months.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.