A shock and battery
A DENILIQUIN man got a huge shock recently when he discovered the reason for a loud explosion while working near his car.
Mitch Jefferies and workmates passed it off as possibly a neighbour banging on a door when there was no obvious explanation for the noise.
But when Mitch got into his car to go home that evening he was greeted by a strong chemical smell and an oily back windscreen. He then discovered the mess had been caused by a crumbled aerosol can, which had blown up in the back of his car in the scorching conditions.
Luckily the exploding can hit the area where the car’s battery is located, which was protected by a metal plate.
But it could have done some serious damage if there had been anyone in the car at the time.