VICKI HANSEN, NORTH WARD
1. I have the skill set, knowledge, commitment and passion to support the Nannup community in remaining vibrant and sustainable. I have extensive experience in financial management, human resource management, building projects, corporate governance and risk assessment. I am a committed and active member of this community. I am running because I truly care.
2. Nannup faces the same challenges as all rural towns – finding employment opportunities for our young people, encouraging both young families and retirees to move to Nannup as a lifestyle choice and medical facilities for our ageing population. Maintaining a balance between guarding our village-like community and embracing future opportunities.
3. Nannup attracts thousands of visitors through our five main festivals. We offer fantastic experiences for cyclists, walkers and horse riders, with special trails and facilities. With such a small population we rely heavily on our most generous local volunteers, we need to support the community in presenting and promoting these events.
4. Nannup is ideally situated within an easy daily commute to Busselton, Manjimup and Bridgetown. We have affordable housing, great community involvement, sporting facilities and an enviable lifestyle within a beautiful physical landscape. Employment in these nearby towns is a viable alternative. Eco and adventure tourism are a perfect fit for Nannup.
5. Support for our local primary producers and their quality products. Promotion of our local artistic talent including artists, writers and publishers. Growing garden tourism through support for our streetscapes and local display gardens.
Improved medical facilities to cater for our retirees and young families. Financial viability, affordable rates.