ROBIN MELLEMA, SOUTH WARD
1. I have been a councillor and deputy president for many years and wish to continue in this role.
Nannup has been our home town for more than 30 years and this is my way of supporting the town for all that it has given us over those years.
2. Maintaining a sustainable growth rate that balances the needs of people, who have diverse beliefs and interests.
Retention of our community’s youth as this helps keep the town active and vibrant.
Shire financial management will always be an imperative, especially in the economic climate with ever-diminishing State and Federal support.
3. Tourism is increasing due to Nannup’s central location in the South West.
As a council we support as many tourist-based ventures as possible. Working with other shires and districts we are able to provide trails that involve the linking of many tourist attractions, from the natural to built environment.
4. By supporting a broad range of projects, ranging from individuals through to communitybased enterprises.
While doing this I believe we need to be aware of the needs of the community and maintain a balanced approach to growth and development and the lifestyle choices of the members of our community.
5. I love seeing people come to our town with enterprise ideas they want to establish and due to their passion and perseverance, there are many small businesses.
I want a conclusion of our main street upgrade and our town to remain a safe, attractive community to visit and live in.