IAN GIBB, NORTH WARD
1. The standard answer is I believe that I can make a difference in our council.
Our existing council is doing a good job of managing roads, rubbish and rates albeit with considerable financial restraints.
I believe the council needs to stimulate activity that will drive business in our town and this is what I want to bring to the table if elected on October 21.
2. Nannup’s reliance on grants is our single major issue. Nannup needs to stimulate activity that will provide employment.
3. Nannup has a number of significant tourist development ideas on the table and most of these will impact significantly on our small town.
To this end Nannup is well served, we simply need to ensure that the developments are managed well to give maximum benefit to Nannup.
4. We can enhance employment prospects first by being a businessfriendly council. This is already happening but we can do better in my opinion.
5. I retired about five years ago and to be frank my passion is to see others do well in business and to see our small town prosper without losing the Nannup appeal.