6 KEY POINTS TO CONSIDER
• By law, you must be given a retirement village contract, and disclosure statement, at least 21 days before you sign. However, you can take more time to consider your decision.
• Don’t jump into retirement living if a move into aged care isn’t far away.
• Adult children should be involved in their parents’ decisions.
• Be aware of retirement villages’ financial models, including deferred management fees and other charges.
• Ensure all people living in the retirement unit are listed on the title.
• Don’t sign anything you don’t understand. Get legal advice first.