All change for Epping transport
Frustrated commuters living in Epping have been promised improved train and bus services from the end of November.
Member for Epping Damien Tudehope said the move is to make sure new services align with a new train timetable and to make it easier for people to transfer between different modes of transport.
Part of the NSW Government’s $1.5 billion More Trains, More services program, meant to feature more services, improved infrastructure and 24 new eight carriage trains, the main improvements include:
• Extra services on the T1 Northern Line for customers travelling from Hornsby to the CBD via North Ryde late at night, providing trains every 15 minutes on average instead of every 30 minutes, • Doubling trains on the T1 Northern Line late at night between Epping and Sydney CBD via Strathfield, again with a train every 15 minutes instead of every 30,
• Doubling direct services on the T1 Northern Line to the CBD between Hornsby and North Ryde via Macquarie Park on weekends,
• Doubling frequency between Epping and Central via Strathfield on weekends with an extra two services every hour.
• 10 additional weekly services on route 630 between Blacktown and Epping. This route will also be changed to operate to and from Epping only, with transfer required to bus or train services for travel to Macquarie Park,
• 10 more weekly services on route 621 from Cherrybrook to Macquarie Park during the morning peak, • An additional five weekly services on route 620N from Dural to the City in the morning peak.
A Transport for NSW spokesman said that changes to bus, ferry and rail timetables may result in some minor changes to existing timetables to provide better connections to other services. Customers should plan their journey ahead by visiting www.transportnsw.info, using the trip planning apps on their mobile devices or phoning the Transport Info Line on 131 500.
Has it helped?
Once underway, the Monthly Chronicle wants to hear from commuters about whether the improved and extra services have made a difference to their daily commute. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org