Mt Druitt - St Mary's Standard (East) - - NEWS -


Trent Er­ring­ton and Rhi­an­non Blood­sworth will next face court in De­cem­ber charged with the mur­der of Jay Cerin, who was found dead in his Hebersham unit on Au­gust 30. Po­lice pa­pers sub­mit­ted to the court ac­cuse the pair of mur­der­ing the 26-year-old be­tween 9pm on Au­gust 28 and 6pm on Au­gust 30. The cou­ple was ar­rested the next morn­ing by of­fi­cers from the Po­lice Trans­port Com­mand at Cen­tral Rail­way Sta­tion. On Fri­day, Mag­is­trate Roger Clis­dell ad­journed the case to De­cem­ber 18.


MT DRUITT A man has been gunned down at point blank range in Mt Druitt on Mon­day night. The man was shot twice in the stom­ach as he walked on Der­went St about 9.15pm last night. A NSW Po­lice me­dia spokes­woman said it ap­peared the 34-year-old had been at­tacked on the street and not on a prop­erty. “A male re­ceived a num­ber of gun­shot wounds. He was found on the street or in the gut­ter, it wasn’t in a house,” she said. Paramedics rushed the man to West­mead Hospi­tal where he un­der­went emer­gency surgery. His con­di­tion was listed as se­ri­ous. The street was shut down as de­tec­tives can­vassed the neigh­bour­hood for pos­si­ble wit­nesses. They have urged any­one with in­for­ma­tion to con­tact them. The vic­tim’s name has not been re­leased.


WILL­MOT A young man is in a se­ri­ous con­di­tion in hospi­tal af­ter be­ing shot in the head near his home in Will­mot. Christo­pher Parfitt, 19, was rushed to West­mead Hospi­tal just be­fore 10.30pm on Fri­day af­ter a low-cal­i­bre bul­let blasted through the right side of his face. Mr Parfitt, was con­scious when emer­gency ser­vices ar­rived at the scene on Cap­tain Cook Drive. Ini­tial re­ports sug­gested Mr Parfitt may have been shot ac­ci­den­tally. Po­lice later ar­rested a 19year-old Leth­bridge Park man and charged him with reck­less wound­ing.


ST MARYS A man will face Pen­rith Court to­mor­row charged with steal­ing af­ter he al­legedly tried to take a bag from a stall at a St Marys shop­ping cen­tre. About 8.30pm on Wed­nes­day, a Kingswood man, 47, at­tended the shop­ping cen­tre when most of the stores were closed. It is al­leged he walked up to a dis­play cov­ered with a

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.