Bash­ing video al­most a year old, say po­lice

Mt Druitt - St Mary's Standard (East) - - NEWS -

PO­LICE say a sick­en­ing video that emerged last week show­ing a man be­ing bru­tally bashed by a gang in Mt Druitt was ac­tu­ally taken nine months ear­lier.

The video, which had been cir­cu­lated on Face­book be­fore be­ing deleted, lasts for more than a minute and was shot on North Pde in Mt Druitt out­side the court­house.

Ac­cord­ing to Mt Druitt po­lice, the video was taken on April 18, 2015, but was posted on Face­book and YouTube only last Wed­nes­day night.

The in­ves­ti­ga­tion into the at­tack is still open and no charges have been laid.

Po­lice said the vic­tim was a 17-year-old male, who went to Black­town Hos­pi­tal for treat­ment of a mi­nor head in­jury, bruis­ing and abra­sions.

Video footage was pro­vided to po­lice at the time of the in­ci­dent and Mt Druitt de­tec­tives com­menced an in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

New video footage was be­ing re­viewed, po­lice said.

Street Watch, page 10

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Australia

© PressReader. All rights reserved.