RECIPE: SHELLY’S JACKFRUIT CURRY
THE team at Fresh Natural Asian have kindly shared their recipe for Shelly’s Jackfruit Curry.
1kg fish (mackerel)
2.5 cups green jackfruit (cut 2.5cm cubed) or canned ½ golden onion or red onion chopped finely
5 garlic cloves, diced finely
4 coriander root
2 bird’s eye chilli
1 tsp chilli powder
4 slices fresh turmeric
3 slices fresh ginger
4 seeds black pepper
1 tsp shrimp paste
6 tbsp fish sauce
6 bay or curry leaves
500ml coconut cream
4 kaffir lime leaves 2 tbsp palm sugar
10 cherry tomatoes
4 tbsp vegetable or olive oil
Garnish with coriander and basil leaves
1. Grind or process ingredients 3 to 11 to a smooth paste
2. Heat oil to medium heat, add all ground ingredients to pan and stir for 3 minutes
3. Add fish and jackfruit, stir for 3 minutes then add 200ml of coconut cream and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes, kaffir lime leaves, bay/curry leaves and 200ml coconut cream then fish sauce and palm sugar to taste.
5. When cooked serve in bowl and add 100ml coconut cream on top.
6. Garnish with coriander and basil leaves and serve with rice.