Walnut Pesto Pasta
• 500g spaghetti • ½ cup toasted walnuts • 1½ cups fresh basil, chopped • ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped • 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced • ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese • 2 red chillies, sliced • ¾ cup olive oil • Big handful of cherry tomatoes • Shaved parmesan to serve • Extra walnuts • Salt and pepper
1. Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil and cook the pasta for the recommended time on the packet.
2. In a food processor, blend together the walnuts, herbs, garlic, cheese, chillies and oil until all ingredients are chopped finely.
3. Drain pasta, setting aside some of the cooking water. Return pasta to the pot, add ingredients from the food processor and the cherry tomatoes. Stir to combine, adding a small amount of pasta water if needed.
4. Season well and serve with freshly shaved parmesan, an extra drizzle of olive oil and a scattering of walnuts.